FLT Driver / Order Picker
- Type: 3 Month Contract
- Location: Haydock
- Department: Warehouse
ABOUT AIMIA FOODS:
We’re a food and drinks manufacturer located in Haydock, North West England. Founded in 1981, we started out manufacturing and supplying dry powder products such as coffee, hot chocolate and soups for sale into the vending industry. We now employ over 300 people and operate a broad product portfolio across retail, food service, vending, cash & carry in the UK and export markets. Two thirds of our sales come from hot drinks and we are the brand owner for Horlicks in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Our vision is to strive to add more value than any other competitor to our customers’ and our partners’ businesses. We value all our staff members, by supporting and empowering them to fulfil their full potential.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The successful candidate will report to the area Team Leader and part of the daily workload will include the following:
- Adhering to the health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring high quality, delivery objectives are met with no residual issues.
- Picking customer orders efficiently, giving exceptional customer service by maintaining zero picking errors.
- Strong team working philosophy.
- Maintaining Stock accuracy
QUALIFICATIONS/PREFERRED SKILLS REQUIRED:
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to build a career within Aimia. We may not have a typical route for progression, however we believe in our people and developing future stars.
We are looking for potential candidates who are proactive and methodical in their working approach and those who are also willing to use and show their initiative.
- Reach and counter balance licence.
- Warehouse familiarisation in the use of radio data technology.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
HOURS OF WORK:
Flexibility is key to this role as you may be required to work across 3 sites. You will be required to work 39 hours per week on a 2pm-10pm shift. You may also be required to work alternating shifts, weekends or evenings to meet the needs of the business.
In return for your hard work and commitment you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Free onsite parking for all staff
- £1.20 daily allowance to use in our subsidised dining room
- Turkey and Wine at Christmas
- Easter Eggs
- Access to Company Holiday Homes after 6 months service
- Access to Company Health Care Scheme – Simply Health
- Company Pension
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
Please apply in writing to the HR Department after informing your Line Manager of your application, or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 December 2018