- Type: 2 Month Contract
- Location: Haydock
- Department: Technical
ABOUT AIMIA FOODS:
We’re a food and drinks manufacturer located in Haydock, North West England. Founded in 1981, we started out manufacturing and supplying dry powder products such as coffee, hot chocolate and soups for sale into the vending industry. We now employ over 300 people and operate a broad product portfolio across retail, food service, vending, cash & carry in the UK and export markets. Two thirds of our sales come from hot drinks and we are the brand owner for Horlicks in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Our vision is to strive to add more value than any other competitor to our customers’ and our partners’ businesses. We value all our staff members, by supporting and empowering them to fulfil their full potential.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, we are looking for candidates who would like to gain some experience within a QA Assistant role.
- Conduct and record the required testing of various blends.
- Make up of blends standards
- Support with paper work and product sampling aspects of the role.
- Maintain true, clear, comprehensive and accurate documentations for all activities.
- General duties within the Quality Department.
In addition you must adhere to Health and Safety policies, be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, have excellent attention to detail and be able to work well under pressure.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Computer literacy, specifically with MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn.
- Positive, optimistic and enthusiastic.
- Supportive of team and colleagues.
- Enjoys working within a team and is results driven.
- Has the ability to be flexible.
In return for your hard work and commitment you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Free onsite parking for all staff
- £1.20 daily allowance to use in our subsidised dining room
- Turkey and Wine at Christmas
- Easter Eggs
- Access to Company Holiday Homes after 6 months service
- Access to Company Health Care Scheme – Simply Health
- Company Pension
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
HOURS OF WORK:
8am-4pm Monday – Friday. You may also be required work weekends if the business requires it.
RATE OF PAY:
Grade 5 – £7.83 per hour
Please apply in writing to the HR Department after informing your Line Manager of your application, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 14 December 2018