- Type: Permanent
- Location: Haydock
- Department: Operations
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, the successful applicant will be accountable for the Hygiene Budget, a team of Hygiene Operators and hold the overall responsibility of quality and standards of cleaning in the Penny Lane Plant and Dixon Close.
This role also includes the control and effective management of the departmental budgets, this includes but is not limited to: – Waste and environmental (across all sites), PPE, chemicals and all equipment required to support the activities undertaken. The Hygiene Manager will also have control over various contracts including Floor Care equipment, the laundry and ancillary equipment, MEWP servicing, sanitary and Feminine hygiene care and all external cleaning services.
You will have experience of managing budgets, Hygiene Management within the Food Production Industry is essential as well as the ability to manage routine cleaning and the ability to respond quickly to incidents such as spillages.
Your ability to lead, encourage and develop a large team, as well as organise rotas and maintain adequate cover is essential.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- An advanced awareness of Health and Safety Matters and the ability to develop and promote a health and safety culture.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to participate in operational meetings to ensure all issues are communicated and shift changeovers take place efficiently. Communicate and liaise with other departments on all relevant hygiene issues.
- Experience of leading a team and effectively manage absence and disciplinary issues including holiday requests and unplanned absences.
- Organisational, planning and auditing skills and the ability to ensure that the necessary paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner, e.g. training records, cleaning records.
- Experience of organising shift patterns and arranging cover due to absence.
- Experience of addressing staff discipline, work performance and absence issues.
- A positive, professional attitude that will maintain and build staff morale.
- Experience of creating and enforcing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
HOURS OF WORK:
You will be required to work 39 hours per week Monday to Friday inclusive. However the seniority of this position means that you will be expected to work such hours as are necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Please apply in writing to the HR Department after informing your Line Manager of your application, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 13 December 2018