- On 7th August 2018
Vegetable Biryani is a much loved, traditional Indian main course, this dish is veggie heaven and simple to make too thanks to UNCLE BEN’S® Balti Sauce and Wholegrain rice! This ‘all in one’ meal comprises of fresh Indian flavours, mushrooms, onions, celery, red peppers and more so that serving your customers 2 of your 5 a day is achieved in one simple course. Lending itself to menus of all varieties, it’s also suitable for gluten free, vegetarian and vegan diets.
Vegetable Biryani Recipe:
|450g||UNCLE BEN’S Balti Sauce|
|600g||UNCLE BEN’S Wholegrain Rice|
|300g||Red Peppers – diced|
|300g||Green Peppers – diced|
|200g||Celery Sticks – sliced|
|200g||Button mushrooms – sliced|
|300g||Red Onions – diced|
|1||Clove Garlic – chopped|
How to make Vegetable Biryani:
- Stir fry peppers, onions, mushrooms and celery in a little oil until golden brown. Add garlic and cardamom pods – 5 mins.
- Mix with the UNCLE BEN’S Wholegrain Rice – 1 min.
- Place into a pan filled with 800ml of water – 1 min.
- Bring to the boil – 5 mins.
- Stir, cover and boil gently over a medium- low heat – 10 mins.
- When the rice is cooked, season and stir in the tomatoes followed by UNCLE BEN’S Balti Sauce and simmer – 5 mins
Approximate recipe time: 27 mins
CONTAINS: 2 of your 5 a day per serving
SUITABLE FOR: Vegetarians & a Gluten Free diet
ALLERGENS: For Allergens In Recipe Please Check Ingredient Packaging
See more recipes here: http://unclebensmonthlyrecipes.co.uk/